So Along with going to www.nationalbreastcancer.org and donating and finding out other ways to help out, Im trying to sport more pink than usual.
So you may wonder....why the color pink? Well this is what I found out (Thanks Wiki)
MeaningThe color pink is considered feminine in modern Western countries. It evokes traditional feminine gender roles, caring for other people, being beautiful, being good, and being cooperative.
The pink ribbon represents fear of breast cancer, hope for the future, and the charitable goodness of people and businesses who publicly support the breast cancer movement.It is intended to evoke solidarity with women who currently have breast cancer.
Breast cancer organizations use the pink ribbon to associate themselves with breast cancer, to promote breast cancer awareness, and to support fundraising. Some breast cancer-related organizations, such as Pink Ribbon International,use the pink ribbon as their primary symbol. Susan G. Komen for the cure uses a stylized "running ribbon" as their logo.
While specifically representing breast cancer awareness, the pink ribbon is also a symbol and a proxy of goodwill towards women in general. Buying, wearing, displaying, or sponsoring pink ribbons signals that the person or business cares about women. The pink ribbon is a marketing brand for businesses that allows them to promote themselves with women and identify themselves as being socially aware.
Well Hellz Bellz...Lets rock the color pink the rest of this month!!! Here are some pink things I found on pinterest that I love!
1. LOVE this room.....
2. This pink makeup is beautiful!
3. Ok, so when I get to my goal weight, I will try to find some undies like these!!
4. So if I wore heels, this would be my first pair...to mad im 5'11"
5. Love this Audrey Hepburn qoute
6. Not sure where this is....but this is on my places to go list. Gorgeous. amazing the things GOD has created
7. HOLY COW....this is beautiful.
8. Pretty...I believe I will try this soon. I have both colors.
9. If I had long blonde hair, you best believe Id have pink hair by now.
Well I hope you all enjoyed this pink themed post. I want to just say to anyone who is effected by breast cancer or knows someone who is....