Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Light The Night walk for Leukemia & Lymphoma

I will start this post with a amazingly awesome qoute i found today.....

"The reason people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go instead of how far they have gotten"

Wow.   Makes you ponder.   Huh?



 Also, I'm raising money for a very important cause, through The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk:  finding better treatments and cures for blood cancers so patients can live better, longer lives. I'm asking you to help by making a tax-deductible contribution!  Please use the link below to donate online quickly & securely.  You will receive an email confirmation of your donation as soon as it is made. I thank you in advance for your support which will make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients battling blood cancers.
 
My grandpa died of Leukemia when I was younger, and this will be my second year participating in the Light the night walk in Dallas Texas. I walk in memory of him.I would appriciate any donation to help me reach my personal goal and to help LLS meet their goal of 1 Million this year!! Thank you!

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ntx/DallasL12/JMartinez




                                                            TIP TIME!!! 

Ok so lately i have been finding it harder and harder to get my fruit in my day. Mainly I dont cut fruit up until i eat it,   and at work,  its kind of a pain to go and slice an apple or peach in the breakroom with plastic knife (because lets be honest, i never remember to bring my own, and lets not get caught caring a knife in a hospital)  And if i cut it up the day before when im making my lunch, the fruit is all brown and yuk. 

Here it is.... Lemon juice.   So if you already know this, shame on you for not telling me!!!   I chop up a peach, a pear and an apple and put it in a big container and squeeze a half a lemon on top and shake it up.   Man no only does it last ALL day, but the lemon gives it a little extra.  That same tub, i eat a little for breakfast with my oatmeal, and lunch, then finish it off for diner. Ah-Ma-ZING.


Does anyone else have tips for getting your fruit or veggies in daily!?

Tomorrow I will Post a list of all the things that helped me get to my half way point!! Until tomorrow..Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about my post? Leave a comment! YAY!